Re: [HACKERS] Re : Solaris Performance - 64 bit puzzle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re : Solaris Performance - 64 bit puzzle
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:00:43PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> TODO updated:
>
>     Add BSD-licensed qsort() for 32-bit Solaris

I've received an email noting that someone else ran a test program
with the 64 bit library, and had just as bad performance as the 32
bit one.  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it suggests
that the result is still inconclusive.  Maybe, if just one more fire
goes out here, I can look at it this week.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110