Re: Q: unexpected result from SRF in SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: Q: unexpected result from SRF in SQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 26 May 2002 17:58, Tom Lane wrote:
(...)
> If anyone does someday resurrect fjoin-like functionality, a reasonable
> SQL-style syntax for invoking it would be
>
>     SELECT (bar(1)).*;
>
> which would still leave us wanting to raise an error if you just write
> "SELECT bar(1)".

The reason why I posted the question is that I had defined a function
that should have worked, but kept giving me back strange numbers,
so I spent a whole five minutes trying to debug the function before
I realised I was calling it in the wrong way (doh). An error here would
be a Good Idea, IMHO.

Ian Barwick