pgstatindex - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject pgstatindex
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here is a new contrib function called "pgstatindex", similar to
pgstattuple but different in that it returns the percentage of the
dead tuples of an index. I am posting this for review purpose.

Installation of pgstatindex is pretty easy:

unpack the tar package in contrib directory.
cd into pgstatindex directory.
make
make install
psql -f /usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/pgstatindex.sql your_database

Note:

(1) I think I have adopted to the recent Tom's changes to index access   routines, but if you find anything is wrong,
pleselet me know.

(2) pgstatindex probably does not work with rtree and gist indexes.
--
Tatsuo Ishii