Re: Undead record haunts my database, need exorcism - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kevin Sterner
Subject Re: Undead record haunts my database, need exorcism
Date
List pgsql-novice
> 6.5.3?  You are past due for an update ...

Concur.  I have some inertia to overcome on that, however.  Meanwhile,
I need to get the old jalopy back on the road.

> Hmm.  How large is your pg_log file?  I suspect that you have suffered
> transaction ID wraparound.  If the pg_log file is 1Gb in size (enough
> to store commit bits for 4 billion transactions) that would confirm the
> suspicion.

The pg_log file is only 4 Mbytes.  The database is not very active; fewer
than 100 records per day get stored.  Is such a wraparound still possible?
If so, how would I detect it and/or fix it?

> Whether that's the problem or not, 6.5.3 is enough features and bugfixes
> ago that I would wholeheartedly recommend an immediate update to 7.2.1.

Does that version still support AIX?

Thanks,

Kevin