Re: Forgotten the master password of db - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Forgotten the master password of db
Date
List pgsql-novice
thiemo,

> unfortunately I have forgotten the mpassword of the master user of a db.
> Is there a way to retrieve it using the user who owns the db template1?

No, you can't retrieve it.  You can change it, though, as the postgres user:
ALTER USER the_user WITH PASSWORD 'new_password';

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco