Re: Why you should Join W32/Debian to save the world from Microsoft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Why you should Join W32/Debian to save the world from Microsoft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le Jeudi 9 Mai 2002 17:35, Ross J. Reedstrom a écrit :
> That's a different installer over a Unixoid operating system, so it doesn't
> really prove that the only problem is the installer, does it?

There are three different issues :
1- package installer providing a minimal Cygwin version (other than Cygwin.exe
which does not work well),
2- a nice Windows GUI (like pgAdmin2),
3- Windows port of PostgreSQL.

1 can be achived easily.
2 already exsts thank to Dave Page.
3 can wait until we hit the market with 1 and 2.
This will give us more feedback.

So, the only problem remaining is the installer. Is anyone interested in
helping me releasing a W32/Debian Cygwin package?
Cheers, Jean-Michel POURE