Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joel Burton wrote:
> Certainly, we don't need all of cygwin (eg bison, gcc, perl, et al). We'd
> need the dll, sh, rm, and few other things. I'm not sure if it would need to
> be in the standard cygwin file structure; I know that you can reconfigure
> this when you use cygwin (I used to). In any event, instead of having to
> have a novice pick & guess which of >100 packages they need, we could put
> together the 5 or 6 they need.
   Oh,  BTW,  had  anyone  luck  with  loading of user defined C   functions or the PL handlers under CygWin? I
remember having   had  trouble  with  that.   When  the  C function uses global   variables in the backend, things get
abit messy.

Jan