Re: ECPG: FETCH ALL|n FROM cursor - Memory allocation? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG: FETCH ALL|n FROM cursor - Memory allocation?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 09:37:18AM +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> Never, never mix these two! ECPGfree_auto_mem will free even memory
> which has already been free'd by the user, perhaps we should get rid of

That's why I discourage the usage of ECPGfree_auto_mem by the user.
There is only one reason why the symbol is not static and that is that
it is used by another module in libecpg.

I never thought about this as an end user routine, it's just meant as a
clean up method in case of an error during statement execution.

BTW Christof, ECPGfree_auto_mem is used by testdynalloc.pgc. Maybe we
should change that.

> this method (any allocated memory regions are stored in a list, if you
> never call ECPGfree_auto_mem, this list grows and grows).

That is not true. Before a statement is executed libecpg calls
ECPGclear_auto_mem which just frees ecpg's own structure but not the
memory used for data.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes