Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers
Date
Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> For commands
> that accept wildcard patterns, what should happen --- should "\z my*"
> find these tables, if they're not in my search path?  Is "\z f*.my*"
> sensible to support?  I dunno yet.

Technical question - this query:
   SELECT nspname AS schema,          relname AS object     FROM pg_class c
INNER JOIN pg_namespace n       ON c.relnamespace=n.oid    WHERE relkind in ('r', 'v', 'S') AND          relname NOT
LIKE'pg$_%%' ESCAPE '$'

produces a result like this:
schema | object
--------+--------public | abcfoo    | abcfoo    | xyzbar    | xyz
(4 rows)

How can I restrict the query to the schemas in the
current search path, i.e. the schema names returned
by SELECT current_schemas() ?

Ian Barwick