Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> So you do see a difference between SET and DROP TABLE because the second
> is a utility command. OK, I'll buy that, but my point was different.
>
> My point was that we don't match Oracle for DROP TABLE, so why is
> matching for SET so important?
   Good  point,  I  never  understood the compatibility issue on   this level either. Applications that  create/drop
tables at   runtime  are  IMNSVHO  self-modifying  code.  Thus,  I  don't   consider it a big porting issue.
Applications that  do  it   should be "replaced", not ported.

Jan