Re: What is wrong with hashed index usage? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: What is wrong with hashed index usage?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:38:00 -0400 (EDT)
"Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Nice report.  I think we should start thinking of hiding the hash option
> from users, or warn them more forcefully, rather than hold it out as a
> possible option for them.

Why not do something Peter E. suggested earlier: if the functionality of
hash indexes is a subset of that offered by btrees, it might be good to
remove the hash index code and treat USING 'hash' as an alias for
USING 'btree'?

Cheers,

Neil

--