Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sander Steffann wrote:
> >     What about a SET variable that controls the behaviour of
> >     SET variables :-)
>
> Or two commands for the same thing:
> - a SET command that behaves as it does now
> - a TSET command that is transaction-aware
>
> Ouch... :-)
> Sander
   Naw, that's far too easy. I got it now, a
       CONFIGURE variable ON ROLLBACK <action>
       action: SET DEFAULT             (read again from .conf)             | SET 'value'             (might fail,
fallbackto .conf)             | NO ACTION               (ignore rollback)             | ROLLBACK                (return
tovalue before transaction)

   Also,  we  should make all these settings DB dependant and be   able to specify the configure settings in the .conf
file, so   that  two  databases running under the same postmaster bahave   completely different, just to make the
confusionperfect  for   every client.

   And for everyone who didn't get it, this was sarcasm!

Jan