Re: Vote on SET in aborted transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bradley McLean
Subject Re: Vote on SET in aborted transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Bruce Momjian (pgman@candle.pha.pa.us) [020423 12:30]:

#2, no change in behavior.

But I base that on the assumption that #1 or #3 involve serious amounts
of work, and don't see the big benefit.

I liked the line of thought that was distinguishing between in-band
(rolled back) and out-of-band (honored) SETs, although I don't think
any acceptable syntax was arrived at, and I don't have a suggestion.
If this were solved, I'd vote for '?'.

Hmm.  Maybe I do have a suggestion:  SET [TRANSACTIONAL] ...
But it might not be very practical.

-Brad