Re: timeout implementation issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: timeout implementation issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > I see.
> > > BTW what varibles are rolled back on abort currently ?
> >
> > Currently, none,
>
> ??? What do you mean by
>    o  Some SETs are honored in an aborted transaction (current)
> ?
> Is the current state different from
>      o  All SETs are honored in an aborted transaction
> ?

In the case of:
BEGIN WORK;SET x=1;bad query that aborts transaction;SET x=2;COMMIT WORK;

Only the first SET is done, so at the end, x = 1.  If all SET's were
honored, x = 2. If no SETs in an aborted transaction were honored, x
would equal whatever it was before the BEGIN WORK above.

Pennsylvania19026