Re: timeout implementation issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: timeout implementation issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:03:41PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> The search_path case is the main reason why I'm intent on changing
> the behavior of SET; without that, I'd just leave well enough alone.
Is there more variables like "search_path"? If not, I unsure if oneitem is good consideration for change others
things.

> Possibly some will suggest that search_path shouldn't be a SET variable
> because it needs to be able to be rolled back on error.  But what else
> should it be?  It's definitely per-session status, not persistent
It's good point. Why not make it more transparent? You wantencapsulate it to standard and current SET statement, but if
it'ssomethingdifferent why not use for it different statement?

   SET SESSION search_path TO 'something';       (...or something other)
   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz