Re: Strange problem when upgrading to 7.2 with pg_upgrade. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Strange problem when upgrading to 7.2 with pg_upgrade.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Since I have done a vacuum, I assume I just keep creating 256k chunks
> > until I reach the max xid from the previous release, and delete the
> > files prior to the 1gb size limit.
>
> Keep your hands *off* the existing segments.  The CLOG code will clean
> them up when it's good and ready ...

OK.  Fill out the current clog and add additional ones to reach the
current max xid, rounded to the nearest 8k, assuming 256k file equals
1mb of xids.

Why do you take these things so personally?

Pennsylvania19026