Re: timeout implementation issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: timeout implementation issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak wrote:
>  I agree with Peter. For example I have multi-encoding client program
>  that changing client-encoding in the middle of transaction and this
>  change not depend on transaction. And the other thing: I have DB
>  driver in an program there is not possible do SQL query outsite
>  transaction.

No problem executing a SET inside its own transaction.  The rollback
happens only if the SET fails, which for a single SEt command, should be
fine.

>  Is there some problem implement "SET ... ON ROLLBACK UNSET" ?

Seems kind of strange.  If anything, I can imagine a NO ROLLBACK
capability.  However, because this can be easily done by executing the
SET in its own transaction, it seems like overengineering.

Pennsylvania19026