Re: PQescapeBytea is not multibyte aware - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: PQescapeBytea is not multibyte aware
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> > No objection here, but can we wrap the change in #ifdef MULTIBYTE so
> > there's no effect for people who don't use MULTIBYTE?
>
> That opens up the standard set of issues about "what if your server is
> MULTIBYTE but your libpq is not?"  It seems risky to me.

I have committed changes to the current source (without MULTIBYTE
ifdes). Will change t.2-stable tree soon.

I also added some careful handlings for memory allocation errors and
changed some questionable codes useing direct ASCII values 92 instead
of '\\' for example.
--
Tatsuo Ishii