Re: Again, sorry, caching. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Again, sorry, caching.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 09:01:28AM -0500, mlw wrote:

> "If it is mostly static data, why not just make it a static page?"
> Because a static page is a maintenance nightmare. One uses a database in a web
> site to allow content to be changed and upgraded dynamically and with a minimum
> of work.
It's ugly argumentation for DB cache. What generate web page after data change and next time use it as static?

> I was thinking that it could be implemented as a keyword or comment in a query.
> Such as:
>
> select * from table where column = 'foo' cacheable
You can insert "mostly static data" into temp table and in next queries use this temp table. After update/delete/insert
canyour applicationrebuild temp table (or by trigger?).

       Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz