Re: Can a field be a primary key as well as a foreign key? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Snow
Subject Re: Can a field be a primary key as well as a foreign key?
Date
List pgsql-general

Basically I am doing this because there are a few different tables acting as
"child" tables of "parent", each with different fields.

I would have used inheritance, but postgres has problems with referential
integrity: foreign keys can only refer to the parent table and not the
children.

That buggered up my plans, so I came up with the solution below...

In hindsight, I should have mentioned this in the original post, to make it
clearer.

- Andrew