Re: GRANT problem ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: GRANT problem ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On March 12, 2002 05:16 am, GRIMOIS Eric wrote:
> I get a error message when i do an INSERT in a table (Absence_jour)
> containing a SERIAL field :
>
> ERROR: absence_jour_id_seq.nextval: you don't have permissions to set
> sequence absence_jour_id_seq

You have to grant permissions on the sequences separately from the table.  It
used to work as expected but at some point it changed for some reason.  It
certainly is inconvenient especially if you were used to the previous
behaviour and wrote all you local tools based on it.

You can get a list of all sequences with the "\ds" command in psql.