RE:REFERENCES - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ngterry
Subject RE:REFERENCES
Date
Re: RE:REFERENCES  (Darren Ferguson <darren@crystalballinc.com>)
Re: [?big5?]  (Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
I am sorry what I am trying is:

>CREATE TABLE purchase (id int, po int, date date, PRIMARY KEY (id));
>
>CREATE TABLE lcopen (lc numeric, po int, PRIMARY KEY (lc));

replace with:
CREATE TABLE lcopen (lc numeric, po int REFERENCES purchase (po), PRIMARY KEY (lc));
but there is an error and I do not how to correct that.

>CREATE TABLE lcreceive (
>   id int,
>   lc numeric REFERENCES lcopen(lc),
>   purid int REFERENCES purchase(id)
>)
>;
>
>I think this is what you are asking this will effectively make lc and
>purid in lcreceive foreign keys of the other tables
>
>Darren Ferguson
>
>On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, [big5] ngterry wrote:
>

>> Hi!
>>
>> I am just a newbie in postgresql.  What if:
>>
>> CREATE TABLE purchase (id int, po int, date date, PRIMARY KEY (id));
>>
>> CREATE TABLE lcopen (lc numeric, po int, PRIMARY KEY (lc));
>>
>> CREATE TABLE lcreceive (id int, lc numeric REFERENCES lcopen, purid int REFERENCES purchase);
>>
>> How do I refer the keywords po in table lcopen to table purchase the po keywords?  I am quite confuse, since I have
announceid in table purchase as PRIMARY KEY.  I do not know how to key another keywords.