Re: Basic DOMAIN Support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Basic DOMAIN Support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Rod Taylor wrote:
> I've corrected the problem with shell type creation, so regression
> tests work properly now (with the exception of NOTICE -> INFO /
> WARNING changes).  I have issues with timestamp tests, but the
> failures match current cvs so I'll assume I've not contributed to
> them.

If you do a CVS update those regression problems should go away.  Sorry
about that.

> The shift / reduce problem was fixed by simply removing the ability to
> make types with complex defaults (reverted back to old simple
> methods).  Appears to still work.  Storage is still mixed string /
> binary.

Great.

> I don't see any of the compile warnings other were receiving though.

Let me test here and see.  Will report back.

> Also attached is the regression sql set I used for domains.  Yes, some
> items are supposed to fail (generally marked or obvious).

Good.

> Sorry about earlier.  With any luck, this will do it.  Umm.. It should
> be mentioned this is the first time I've ever dealt with C, and more
> specifically PostgreSQL internals, so tread lightly.

If this is your first time dealing with C, I am amazed.  It took me
years to get to the level of the patch you submitted.