Re: PostgreSQL TO-DO List (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL TO-DO List (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-docs
Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Can someone comment on this?  I don't understand it.
> >

> The example being referred to is here:
>
> http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/plpgsql-examples.html
>
> Scroll to the bottom.  Unfortunately I can't go back and read his
> comment with the terminal I'm using.

The current query in this section is:

    CREATE FUNCTION c_overpaid (EMP, INTEGER) RETURNS BOOLEAN AS '
        DECLARE
            emprec ALIAS FOR $1;
            sallim ALIAS FOR $2;
        BEGIN
            IF emprec.salary ISNULL THEN
                RETURN ''f'';
            END IF;
            RETURN emprec.salary > sallim;
        END;
    ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Looks OK to me.  Seems it has been updated since the report.  I can't
find a mention of fun1 or fun2 anywhere in the docs anymore.