Re: Checking for open connections using ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Checking for open connections using ECPG
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 02:20:05PM -0500, Jim Parker wrote:
> Is there anyway to check for open connections to a database using ECPG ?

Well, you should be able to call ECPGget_connection(). However, it seems
the function is not defined in the include files, so the prototype is:

struct connection * ECPGget_connection(const char *);

But struct connection is an internal datatype that also is not defined
in any header file. So you have to get this from the sources of ecpglib.

To be honest this is a hack. I think I will create a function that does
exactly what you need. Any one out there with an idea how to call this
with an EXEC SQL syntax?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes