Re: lo_open problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: lo_open problems
Date
List pgsql-general
James Leigh wrote:
> Tthat was it, Thanks.  I did not see that in the docs, it should be
> added.
>
> cheers,
> james
>

> On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 18:10, Tom Lane wrote:
> > James Leigh <james.leigh@ottawa.com> writes:
> > > I am using some large object, but lo_open always returns -1.  I don't
> > > know why.
> >
> > Are you doing this inside a transaction block?

I see it in the docs.  It is missing somewhere else?

    <note>
     <para>
      All large object manipulation <emphasis>must</emphasis> take
      place within an SQL transaction. This requirement is strictly
      enforced as of <productname>PostgreSQL 6.5</>, though it has been an
      implicit requirement in previous versions, resulting in
      misbehavior if ignored.
     </para>
    </note>
   </para>