Re: removing duplicated constraints - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: removing duplicated constraints
Date
List pgsql-admin
> I found the list of duplicate constraints by eyeballing the files I
> created using the methods mentioned in previous post (mainly grep and
> sort).  Then I would search in the original dump file for the the CREATE
> CONSTRAINT statement.  Using the name found there
> (RI_ConstraintTrigger_998199), I did this:
>
>   drop TRIGGER "RI_ConstraintTrigger_998189" on categories;
>
> Making sense?

Well, I'm not sure that you're guaranteed to get the same trigger names
after the restore as the ones in the dump file comments.  You may have to
look in the system table for the actual current trigger name for the
triggers with those arguments.