pgsql/src/bin/psql Tag: REL7_2_STABLE command.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From tgl@postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
Subject pgsql/src/bin/psql Tag: REL7_2_STABLE command.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    02/02/25 16:37:48

Modified files:
    src/bin/psql   : Tag: REL7_2_STABLE command.c

Log message:
    Tweak psql's \connect command to not downcase unquoted database and user
    names.  This is a temporary measure to allow backwards compatibility with
    7.2 and earlier pg_dump.  7.2.1 and later pg_dump will double-quote mixed
    case names in \connect.  Once we feel that older dumps are not a problem
    anymore, we can revert this change and treat \connect arguments as normal
    SQL identifiers.