Re: Does iscachable work? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: Does iscachable work?
Date
List pgsql-general
If "entityid" has a lot of unique values, you won't
get much gain from caching.  My experience is that the
gain can be stunning in cases where there are few
distinct values in a column.  The best way to know the
benefit in a given case is to test it.

If your function is highly computation-intensive, or
(for example) makes selects against the database that
require full table scans, then you will see slow
results no matter what.