Re: comparision chart - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: comparision chart
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:36:12AM +0100, Johannes Gr?dem wrote:

> The version with InnoDB has row-level locking and transactions.  (And
> is supposedly very fast, unlike the BDB-tables.)

And the InnoDB implementors seem to have as much a distorted mind as the
rest of the MySQL Team:

"Exchange on MySQL and Innobase: Are They DBMSs, Let Alone Relational?"
http://www.dbdebunk.com/

One of the "pearls" by Heikki Tuuri from Innobase:

"This is semantics, but I think Codd and Date in the 70s meant by a
relational database something which has a relational query language. Thus
any database which has a query language somewhat similar to the relational
algebra or SQL can be called a relational database."

Should tell you something about what kind of product they are building.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net/      http://www.sdl.usu.edu/ - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer