Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 07:50:22PM +0800,
  Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> wrote:
> hi,
>     I'm translating those backend NLS strings, but I can't figure out
> what's the meaning of the word "recipe" (I guess it's not the normal
> meaning),
> searching through the source, I found that they belong to
> backend/tioga/tgRecipe.c,
> but the source didn't give me any help, so ask here:
> what's the meaning of the wrod "tioga", I think it's a abbreviation,
> right?
> then how to understand "recipe" here?

While recipie might get used in an unusual context I think its basic meaning
is pretty much always the same. It is a set of instructions for making
something. (Most often some kind of prepared food.)