Re: SQL Help - multi values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: SQL Help - multi values
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 06:34:52AM +0000, James Carrier <james.carrier@bulletonline.com> wrote:

> But in the example above this would return 3 entries, which I don't want,
> and I can't select a particular dataid which satisfies more than category,
> e.g. has categories 4 and 7 (i.e. for the example above the LIKE statement
> would be: WHERE category LIKE '%|4|%' AND LIKE '%|7|%').

It is possible to write queries that return a list of dataids that
having an enrty for more than one specific category.

However, it seems like you probably want to encode the category list
in a bit string based on how you have indicated you want to use it.