Database abstration layers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Database abstration layers
Date
Re: Database abstration layers  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Re: Database abstration layers  ("Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net>)
Re: Database abstration layers  (Andrew McMillan <andrew@catalyst.net.nz>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear all,

I am looking at available database abstraction layers with the idea of
porting pgAdmin2 to Linux. This is just for information, my project is not
clear by now.

GnomeDB (http://www.gnome-db.org) seems quite fantastic when used in
conjunction with Glade. Until now, I never heard of any abstraction layer
under KDE. Is there any?

By the way, I looked at KDE TOra, which seems very Oracle centric. TOra seems
to be built upon database wrappers, not abstraction layer classes. Am I wrong?

What is the best database abstraction under Linux ? Any idea, suggestion,
etc.. are welcome.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE