aggregate functions only for numbers? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Eduardo Gomez Noguera
Subject aggregate functions only for numbers?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello
I was making a reay dumb database.
just to play.
Its an agenda. I set 2 tables thus far, one for people with unique attribs to each people (birth, address and the like)
andone for phones, since some people have more than one, or cell phones, etc.

I wanted to make a query of name,birth date and phones, and have them grouped by name (so the name appeared only once)
toget something like

somebody  |xxx-yyyy| mm-dd-yyyy         |xxx-yyyy|
somebody  |xxx-yyyy| mm-dd-yyyy
else      |        |

But i guess its not possible right now?
I did install the headers too, so i was just wondering if i could write an aggregate function to concatenate any type.
Inthe docs, its not listed, and there are only aggregate functions that opperate on numbers.

If you can point me as to where to start looking to do some coding server side on it, i would appreciate that.

--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho                                 =^..^=
First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win. Mahatma Gandhi.