Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > It'd be nice though if
> > the behavior could be changed after connection by a SET statement, which
> > would be lots easier if the setting were GUC-controlled.  Peter, you see
> > any way to resolve that?
>
> We had a text[] field to pg_shadow and/or pg_database containing
> name=value assignments which are executed just before the session starts.
> Doesn't look terribly difficult, and it's something I've always wanted to
> do anyway.

So are thinking of "dbname=schema_type"?  Seems this is really something
that should be in pg_database.  If you create a database, who wants to
edit postgresql.conf to set its default schema type?  Why not set the
GUC value from pg_database?

Pennsylvania19026