Re: Not Finding password for Postgres user on linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nandu Garg
Subject Re: Not Finding password for Postgres user on linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all

Just now I tried following

$psql -u template1
Username: postgres
Password:

Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: template1

template1=>

Amol