Re: detecting deadlocks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: detecting deadlocks
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 07:25:02PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> SQL from other backends isn't readily available, and showing it would
> create security issues anyway (eg, could expose sensitive data values
> to someone who doesn't have the right to see 'em).  About the only thing
> that we could provide given the current shared-memory datastructures is
> the PID of each backend involved in the deadlock cycle.  This'd be
> somewhat useful, I guess, but not really a direct indicator of which
> command was being executed.

If the SQL queries are being logged, then the PID would be enough to find
the query in the logfile. Come to think of it though, if the deadlock
message is logged, then it would include the PID anyway...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/