Re: Permissions on non-owned database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Permissions on non-owned database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Dmitry Alyabyev wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a strange problem and cannot realize is it really true.
> There are 2 problems -  first one is that any user can create table
> (or probably any other object) in non-owned database.
> The second is that any postgres user can create object in template1
> database. I've used 7.0.2 and never seen such problems.
> The postgres 7.1.3 was installed from scratch and nothing was changed
> from default configuration - I've only created 2 users + one db and
> check the situation.
>
> Can somebody tell me what may be a problem here ?

Right now there's no permissions for preventing creation in a database you
can connect to.  If the user doesn't need to be able to connect to the
database in question, you can remove their access to it via your
pg_hba.conf file.