Re: Declaring constants in PG/PLSQL - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jules Alberts
Subject Re: Declaring constants in PG/PLSQL
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 21 Jan 2002 at 22:33, Mark Hesketh wrote:
> Can someone tell me if it's possible to globally scope my constants? How
> do I declare them for reuse? Don't tell me I have to keep definining
> them across all my functions??

(i'm a complete newbie, so if this is too stupid, please ignore)

i don't know if there is a direct way to do this, but a workaround
could be creating a table myconstants with two columns name and value.
or someting like storing the name - value pairs in a textfile and read
that at runtime.

--
Jules Alberts.