Re: libpq++ - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From jtv
Subject Re: libpq++
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:16:41PM -0500, David Joyner wrote:
> I agree with you.  I guess the person that wrote it is not here to defend
> themselves, so I'll just work around.

Alternatively, you may want to look at libpqxx.  Written as a replacement
for libpq++, it has a more modern interface and--knock on wood--addresses
each of the issues discussed here.  You lose the "convenience" (and the
inflexibility) of having transactions, connections, and query results all
reside in a single object, and gain the convenience of using exception
handling instead of manual result checking.

You can find it at
 http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/proj-libpqxx.html

I hope someday this could be included in the main PostgreSQL source tree.

Jeroen