Re: how to limit postgresql process and memory time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: how to limit postgresql process and memory time
Date
List pgsql-general
[2002-01-17 10:26] Jan Wieck said:
| Emmanuel SARACCO wrote:
| > hi,
| >
| > how can I limit all my postgresql processes to a certain percent of
| > processor work and a maximum amount of memory.
| > for exemple, to limit postgresql to 50% of processor work and 250mo of
| > memory.
|
|     I  don't  know  of  any  UNIX  operating  system  that can be
|     configured that way. You might have to look into some virtual
|     machine architectures.

Would it be useful to have settings for nice(2) and setrlimit(2)
calls?  I can see the utility in having setrlimit, but I get the
feeling nice is not something we want to put a knob on.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman