Re: Problem reloading regression database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: Problem reloading regression database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[2002-01-14 21:52] Tom Lane said:
| Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
| > gotcha.  No, I don't think anything inside that loop expects to
| > persist across iterations.  The attribute_buf is static to the
| > file, and initialized in DoCopy.
|
| There is more to attribute_buf than meets the eye ;-)

I certainly don't doubt that, especially when it's my eye :-O

| > What I ended up doing is switching to per-tuple-context prior to
| > the input loop, then switching back to the (saved) query-context
| > after exiting the loop.  I followed ResetTupleExprContext back, and
| > it doesn't seem to do anything that would require a switch per loop.
| > Are there any problems this might cause that I'm not seeing  with
| > my test case?
|
| I really don't feel comfortable with running heap_insert or the
| subsequent operations in a per-tuple context.  Have you tried any
| test cases that involve triggers or indexes?

no, I dropped the index for the 3mil COPY.  I will run with some
triggers and indexes in the table.

cheers. brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman