Re: bug in permission handling? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: bug in permission handling?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 14 January 2002 10:15 am, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martin Renters <martin@datafax.com> writes:
> > Isn't it possible for PostgreSQL to delete permissions on tables when a
> > user gets deleted?
>
> Not as long as users span multiple databases.  The deleting backend
> can't even get to the other databases in which the user might have
> permissions.

Could we have it delete all the users permissions in the current database?
Or at least do this when we have schema support, as I think that there will
typically be only one database (I think that is what I have heard).

I think that extranious permissions whether they are misassgned to a new
user, or not assigned to anyone are a bad thing.