Re: Problem reloading regression database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: Problem reloading regression database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[2002-01-13 22:51] Tom Lane said:
| Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
| > I must retract this assertion.  As posted, this patch dies on the
| > second line of a COPY file...  argh.  What did I break?
|
| First guess is that you allocated some data structure in the per-tuple
| context that needs to be in the per-query context (ie, needs to live
| throughout the copy).

yup.  The problem sneaks up when I get a default value for a "text"
column via ExecEvalExprSwithContext.  Commenting out the pfree above
heap_formtuple makes the error go away, but I know that's not the
right answer.  Should I avoid freeing the !attbyval items when they've
come from ExecEvalExpr -- I don't see any other examples of freeing
returns from this fn.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman