Re: Problem reloading regression database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Problem reloading regression database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
pgman wrote:
> I am testing pg_upgrade.  I successfully did a pg_upgrade of a 7.2
> regression database into a fresh 7.2 install.  I compared the output of
> pg_dump from both copies and found that c_star dump caused a crash.  I
> then started doing more testing of the regression database and found
> that the regression database does not load in cleanly.  These failures
> cause pg_upgrade files not to match the loaded schema.
>
> Looks like there is a problem with inheritance, patch attached listing
> the pg_dump load failures. I also see what looks like a crash in the
> server logs:
>
>     DEBUG:  pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
>     FATAL 1:  Socket command type 1 unknown
>
> Looks like it should be fixed before final.

I should have been clearer how to reproduce this:
1) run regression tests2) pg_dump regression > /tmp/dump3) dropdb regression4) createdb regression5) psql regression <
/tmp/dump> out 2> err

Look at the err file.

Pennsylvania19026