Re: Performance tips - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: Performance tips
Date
List pgsql-general
One way to improve performance with queries like yours
is to select the subquery results into a temporary
table, and join against that (perhaps with an index
created on the temp table, if you get a lot of rows).
Ugly and messy, but can result in massive performance
improvements on a system with limited resources, even
compared with the "EXISTS" solution.

majordomo@postgresql.org)