Re: auto start up at boot time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Albertson
Subject Re: auto start up at boot time
Date
List pgsql-general

I run Postgresql on Solaris 8.  e-mail me off line and I'll
send you the script I use in /etc/init.d  I think however
it comes with the Postgresql tar file distribution.  Look
around for it first.  But ask and I'll send it.

--- Doug McNaught <doug@wireboard.com> wrote:
> Cindy <ctmoore@uci.edu> writes:
>
> > Hi, all.  I'm trying to figure out how to have postmaster
> > automatically restart upon rebooting (on a Sun Solaris system).  I
> > added a script to the /etc/rc3.d directory, but turns out it has to
> > run under non-root privs.  It referred to the INSTALL file for
> further
> > info, but I couldn't find this file, and all the documentation I
> > looked at discussed starting postmaster on the command line.  Any
> > suggestions or pointers to where I should look at?
>
> 1) You should put the script in /etc/init.d, and make links to it in
>    rc3.d and rc0.d (or whatever).  See an existing init script for
> the
>    general idea.
>
> 2) The init script should do something like:
>
>   PGDATA=/usr/local/var/lib/pgsql; export PGDATA   # or whatever
> you're using
>   # set any other needed environment variables here
>   su postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl start"
>
> -Doug
> --
> Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
>    --T. J. Jackson, 1863

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278@yahoo.com