Bug #554: Error vacumming and restoring - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #554: Error vacumming and restoring
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Miguel Juan (miqueljuan@inicia.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Error vacumming and restoring

Long Description

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
To: <miqueljuan@inicia.es>; <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 1:02 AM
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Bug #553: Error Vacuuming and restoring a DataBase

> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> > About two months ago I sent here a message reporting a error while
> > vacuuming a large table (near a million registers) with Postgresql
> > 7.1.2 and Tom Lane suggest to upgrade the version to 7.1.3 so I did it
> > on another computer but when I try to restore the database into this
> > computer I get the same errors that I get with the "vacuum" command.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this.  Is "this computer" still running 7.1.2?
> If so, it's not surprising that you are seeing the WAL-file-growth
> problem.  If you're seeing it with 7.1.3, though, I'm interested.
>
> regards, tom lane

 The principal server still running PostgreSQL 7.1.2, this one have the problem with the VACUUM command, but I've
installedPostgreSQL 7.1.3 on another computer and on this one I have the problem, with the same tables, when I try to
restorethem with the data of the principal server. This problem only appears with the "COPY xxx FROM stdin;" command.

To sum up, I've problems with large tables on differents computers running differents versions of PostgreSQL RDBM.

On another hand, I'll try to make a little program to split the data bloks into small blocks, p.e. insert two lines
witha "\." and  "COPY xxx FROM stdin;" every 100.000 records.

regards, Miguel Juan

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report