Re: Duplicate-key-detection failure case found in btree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Duplicate-key-detection failure case found in btree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > The fix is to acquire the next page's write lock before we drop the
> > current page's.  This is deadlock-free since no writer ever tries
> > to chain write-locks to the left (in fact the same thing is done in
> > the page split logic).
> >
> > I am not convinced that this explains any of the field reports of
> > duplicate rows that we've seen, but it's clearly a bug.  Will commit
> > the fix shortly.
>
> Sounds good to me.  Good find.
   It  always scares me that bugs like this can live untriggered   for multiple releases.  What  else  is  lingering
under the   surface ...

   And  I  absolutely  agree  with  Tom,  there is no connection   between this bug and the duplicate rows reported.
Good catch   anyway.

Jan