run_build.pl ~ By Andrew Dunstan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From cinu
Subject run_build.pl ~ By Andrew Dunstan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

I was exploring through the BuildFarm specific perl
script run_build.pl.
I executed the perl script and it went on file by
downloading the latest PostgreSQL source code that is
8.3Beta2, after successful completion of the script it
creates the required set of logfiles in the
"lastrun-logs" folder.

Now Inside this script there are certain places where
the "rmtree"command is used for removing the
installation, if I comment these places it should not
remove the current installation, but infact it is
doing so, it is installing the latest version of
PostgreSQL in the location "/HEAD/inst/bin" and after
the execution of the script it is cleaning the folder
"inst".

Please tell me :
1) Is "rmtree" the command used for removing the
installation or is there any other command for the
same, please specify?
2) Is there any site or portal where I can get
detailed description about the perl script
run_build.pl?
3) If I rename the perl script "run_build.pl" to some
other file like "test.pl" will it execute or will it
give errors?

For your information :

I am running this script through the postgres user.

Please let me know if there is any other details
required.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Cinu Kuriakose